WE ARE HIRING! WE ARE HIRING! WE ARE HIRING! WE ARE HIRING! WE ARE HIRING! WE ARE HIRING!
Have a read and if you think this could be the job for you, please email Emma at email@example.com for an application form. Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday, 12th January 2022.
We’ve been running a popular food truck caravan near the Giant’s Causeway for the past four spring/summer seasons, specialising in authentic grilled cheese and coffee. The caravan has given us a springboard to open the business we’ve actually always wanted: our own food shop in the local area, combining a proper cheesemongers’ and casual fine food retail space, with grilled cheese, quality coffee and snacks to eat-in/go.
So MÆGDEN is transforming from a vintage caravan into fixed shop premises in the lovely village of Bushmills: close enough to our original spot but somewhere we can operate all year round, with considerably more space and a much greater emphasis on retail (including some of our own products). Bushmills is becoming increasingly known for its art and food, with lots of independent shops and galleries drawing people to the town. We’re joining a community of businesses determined to grow Bushmills’ reputation as a ‘destination’ on the north coast.
And we need some like-minded people who love eating to help us make MÆGDEN a top-notch cheese experience. To begin with, we’re looking for a small, hardworking team who would be happy to take on roles across coffee, retail, and some light prep/cooking.
All roles will involve weekend working, so availability on Saturdays and/or Sundays is a MUST.
Hours (proposed - may be subject to some change):
Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun: 9-5pm / Mon & Tues: Closed
What we need (minimum contracted hours per week):
- Full-time (approx 25 hrs a week - with potential to increase)
- Part-time (min. 14 hrs)
- Part-time (min. 10 hrs)
Pay will depend on role, age and experience - but we’re committed to paying above the National Minimum/Living Wage.
What we want:
We actively encourage applications from people of ALL ages and levels of experience.
Although a retail, barista, or hospitality background would be useful, we’d rather have people who share our love of good food, are warm, friendly, proactive, with a positive attitude, and keen to learn.
Perhaps you’re an enthusiastic home cook or your kitchen shelves are groaning under cookery books, you love exploring new flavours and products, or are keen to gain experience in a food environment committed to an artisan ethos.
Consistently great customer service is at the heart of everything we do, so we’re looking for someone who:
- loves cheese! If you don’t like the taste or smell of strong cheese, stop reading now - this isn’t for you;
- is a natural, easy communicator who’d be comfortable welcoming and engaging customers, offering everyone who comes through the door a really positive experience;
- is genuinely interested in food and coffee. You’ll have to be able to talk customers through our products and producers, and offer advice and recommendations with understanding and enthusiasm;
- is really hardworking;
- shares our ethos of quality first, taking no shortcuts, and caring about where your food comes from;
- is clean, presentable and has high standards of personal hygiene;
- has excellent attention to detail - you’d notice if a display needs rearranged or there’s mess that needs cleared up, and have the initiative to do something about it;
- is flexible and happy to muck in across a range of tasks, once trained, from some light food prep and making grilled cheese to brewing coffee, dealing with deliveries, making our shelves look appealing, cleaning...;
- is reliable, trustworthy and generally decent. You’ll be an integral part of a small team so we need to be able to count on you;
- believes in treating everyone with respect;
- is going to stick with us.
What your working environment will be like:
- Supportive - we’ll give you the knowledge and skills to talk about our products with confidence.
- Busy - we need people who are able to juggle lots of tasks in a day and thrive under pressure; when we are not busy, we’ll be planning and making our own products. There will always be something in development!
- Collaborative - we want our staff to share their own ideas and be actively involved in the development of our new business.
- Professional but relaxed - we want to offer a consistently high standard of service, but in an inviting, friendly environment.
- Tasty - you can’t talk about products without tasting them. A dream come true.